CLASS of 1958
AFTER THE MAIN EVENT - November 8, 2008
Click HERE for REUNION PHOTOS
Send additional photos, captioned,
LATE BREAKING REUNION NEWS! When we started planning the reunion, we had no idea what kind of response we would get, so we booked a room that would hold up to 120 people for our dinner dance. We are happy to tell you, that because of the phenomenal response of our “Early Bird” classmates, (those who sent in their registration by March 31st), we have already exceeded the 120 person capacity!
SINCEWE WANT EVERYONE TO BE WITH US… and we are still finding lost classmates...
You can still SIGN UP by sending Barry $100 per person, by September 30, 2008.
*Those who've sent $50 deposits per person (prior to June 30, 2008) must send the balance of $50 per person to Barry by August 31, 2008.
HOW TO PAY: Send Check or Money Order:
Payable to: BARRY ARONOWSKY (include the names of those who are attending).
MAIL TO: Barry Aronowsky, 7 Kirkland Drive, Greenlawn, NY 11740
Questions: E-mail: BarryAronowsky@yahoo.com(use subject Line: FRHS)
Or Phone: 631-757-9722
($100 per person, includes buffet dinner, open bar, dancing, commemorative photo book, class directory and other surprises, and best of all – lots of renewed friendships and unforgettable memories.)
WHEN: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2008, 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
WHERE: DOUBLETREE FT. LEE at the George Washington Bridge 2117 Route 4 Eastbound Ft Lee, NJ
* Note: The hotel (formerly Hilton) provides a shuttle to and from NYC, 6 times a day, at a cost of $10 each way.
SUNDAY BREAKFAST: Café Milano, lobby lounge in the Doubletree from 7:00am – 10:30 am. Breakfast is $12 per person (not included in Reunion cost – to be paid Sunday morning).
WHERE TO STAY- Here are two options:
DOUBLETREE – Ft. Lee, Our Reunion Headquarters 2117 Route 4 East, Ft. Lee, NJ 07024.
We reserved 45 rooms for November 7 – 9, 2008, at a special group rate: $145.00 per night.
*Note: Mention FRHS Class of ’58 Reunion for this rate.
Cut-Off Date for special rate - October 21, 2008 (Hotel Contact: Ceca Petrova) email@example.com
You can make your reservation directly, by clicking on this link: Doubletree - Ft. Lee
HOLIDAY INN – Ft. Lee, 2339 Rt. 4 East, Ft. Lee, NJ (201) 944-5000 Ext 359 (near the Doubletree)
We reserved rooms for November 7 – 9, 2008, at a special group rate: $119.00 per night
*Note: Mention FRHS Class of ’58 Reunion for this rate. (Hotel Contact: Felicia Tejada)
Cut-Off Date for special rate - October 8, 2008
You can make your reservation directly on line by e-mailing: Holidayinngwb10@aol.com
WHAT TO WEAR? Same as our 25th, “No tuxedos, no evening gowns, no jeans”. Everything in-between
This special souvenir will be included in the price of our reunion. We hope to tell the story in pictures and words of how our classmates have spent the last 50 years. It will also include a directory with contact information to help you keep in touch with classmates.
1. CONTACT INFORMATION:for the Directory section - as much or as little as you wish: (Name, Maiden Name, Spouse or Significant Other’s name, address(s), Phone numbers - home, cell, work, E-mail address; or even just your town and state.
2. SHORT BIO or a FEW PARAGRAPHS:telling something about your last 50 years: highlighting personal or family accomplishments; sharing your most important life lessons, special memories and/or anything else you care to mention.
3. PHOTOS (by mail or e-mail):along with your bio or paragraphs (FRHS years, current, recent, etc) Significant others can be included but should be identified in photos. Pictures will be scanned and returned. (For e-mail photos, jpeg or Tiff preferred, of at least 300 dots per inch.) Minimally, we’ll include your yearbook photo.
EXTENDED DEADLINE for SUBMISSION: AUGUST 31, 2008
Please send to Judy Binder Faherty who is working with Arthur Lebowitz on this project.
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.orgOR
US Mail to: Judy Binder Faherty, 99 Cole Road, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-3009,
WHO WILL BE THERE?
Check out http://www.farrockaway.com/carol/1958responselist.html to see the list of confirmed attendees. We post the names of those who are attending as soon as we receive a deposit. Send your money in to be on the list!
Our classmate, Michael Steinberg ’58, author of “Still Pitching”, a book about growing up in Rockaway, is attending and will have his book available. Check it out: http://www.farrockaway.com/stillpitching.html
Classmate Allan Ornstein ‘58, also has a book out, "Class Counts." Allan’s Arverne buddies are all listed in the dedication. For details, please click here: http://www.farrockaway.com/classcounts.html
FOR REUNION UPDATES:
Check the OFFICIAL FRHS WEBSITE: www.farrockaway.com
The official FRHS website has been operating for over 10 years, with a treasure trove of memorabilia, class news, pictures of Far Rockaway and even memorial pages of our classmates who are no longer with us. The webmasters, Carol Marston and Skip Weinstock have generously helped us find classmates and get the word out about our reunion. SAVE THE LINKS BELOW:
- All Reunion information: www.farrockaway.com/carol/1958reunion.html
- Who is attending: www.farrockaway.com/carol/1958responselist.html
- Who is still missing: www.farrockaway.com/carol/missingnames-1958reunion.html
Help us find them!
- Our Class of 1958 page is: www.farrockaway.com/1958.html
- Our Class Memorial page: www.farrockaway.com/carol/1958mem.html
- Slide Show of 1958 Graduation photos: www.farrockaway.com/carol/Photoshow/1958photoshow.html
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Questions? Leads on Lost Classmates? Reunion Contact Person: Judy Binder Faherty
E-mail: email@example.com Or phone: 908-534-6955